iPod Acting Weird Lately

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by -tcq42-, Apr 25, 2009.

1. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So in the past week, my iPod touch 2G has been acting really weird. Here's some things that I've found with it that has been abnormal.

1. Doesn't like to connect to wifi at times. When I put it to sleep sometimes, it disconnects from wifi and when I try to connect it back, it detects the network and keeps on saying "unable to connect" for some weird reason. It also only displays the network strength as 2 bars when I'm right next to my router.

2. YouTube doesn't like to load. When I search for something, it doesn't show up with any results sometimes.

3. App Store sometimes can't update. It says that it can't verify my account and that I need to connect to iTunes. It has worked for my past two apps that I've downloaded though.

4. Less free RAM. I used to have 50-60 mb of free RAM all the time. But now, whenever I look at it from SBSettings, I have around 30-40 mb.

5. More apps crashing. Probably due to the lack of RAM.

So is this a hardware problem or should I just restore and see what happens? I deleted every third party application I've gotten since the troubles that I've had with it. Still no luck. Does anybody have any ideas?
  2. tj_harris24

tj_harris24 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    DFU Restore.
  3. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd rather not do it cause iTunes is a total b*tch to deal with and I'd have to re-jailbreak.
  4. muffinza192

muffinza192 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    my friend had the wifi problem and it kinda just fixed itself in like a week. He had an appointment for apple but right before he left his house to go to the store it started working... so if waiting it out doesnt work im sry but u have to restore. and i hate people who only write DFU Restore thinking there so smart... like everyone says it
  5. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the problem before and it did fix itself, but that was on another iPod. It's the RAM thing that puzzles me though.
  6. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It might have something to do with the creation of the custom firmware or the original firmware you used to make the custom firmware. Was it working fine for a while before this?
  7. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea i have bout the same amount of ram as u have free but most apps have never crashed and if for some reason they do u could just boot into safe mode(pretty disabling everything from cydia except apps) by using SBsettings in cydia to play some games or w/e u might need more ram for

Please Register or Log in to view images