Ipod acting strange when plugged into wall charger

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cito, May 8, 2010.

1. Cito

Cito Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I recently got a green dot usb ac wall charger. It works but the problem is I can't really use my ipod when it's plugged in that way.

When the ipod touch is plugged into usb on my computer I can still use it while it charges just fine.

When the ipod touch is plugged into green dot apple usb wall charger it charges but it's kinda hard to explain it's like the touch screen isn't working right. I can touch an app but it does nothing or I have to tap the app 5 or 6 times for it to open, or I'll touch the app but another app will open instead.

It charges ok with no problem. But I've rebooted it, done everything I could think of. It works fine plugged into usb on computer I can run apps while it's plugged in. But plugged into wall charger it just acts weird as in the above mentioned symptoms. Soon as I unplug it from the wall charger it's back to normal no problems.

Any ideas? it's one of those green dot apple wall chargers got it on ebay and it's not a knockoff.

I dunno just sucks I can't use it right while plugged into wall cause the wall outlet is next to my bed -grin- and since 3d wifi games only last me about 1 hour and 40 mins on a brand new ipod touch 3rd gen I would like to plug it in instead of worrying about the battery.
  2. Gaura Mohana

Gaura Mohana New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wierd.... I get a similar problem when I am plugged into my Computer. (I do not have a wall charger though). ie. Music/Videos/Apps gets chosen automatically etc
  3. fhk_kz5

fhk_kz5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Me too have the same problem when i charge through the A1265 charger that i purchased seperately so i could charge by plug in also. But when i charge through it the touch goes weird. When i try to turn on the wifi it selects different option. But when i charge through my pc there is no problem. Do you have same model no. which i have?
  4. Gaura Mohana

Gaura Mohana New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My part number according to the bottom of the box is MC008LL/A
  5. fhk_kz5

fhk_kz5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am talking about the charger model no. and not the ipod model. Its strange that you charge with pc and still have problem. I dont get problems when i charge through pc.
  6. Gaura Mohana

Gaura Mohana New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It seems to be problem that comes and goes. I have my Ipod plugged in right now, and it seems to be working ok
  7. Cito

Cito Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea mine works fine when hooked into pc or my laptop's usb.

but otherwise when plugged into the green dot apple wall charger. It charges on the wall charger just when trying to use menus or open 1 app another opens or it just acts 'wonky' having to touch a menu 4 or 5 times to get it to work, or press safari button and mail opens crap like that, only when plugged into wall charger.

very annoying

Please Register or Log in to view images

but at least it charges, and it doesn't do that when plugged into pc/laptop usb.
  8. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It sounds like a compatibility problem
    Your wall charger may not be FULLY compatible with your ipod touch, if you want you can buy an Apple wall charger to ensure compatibility
  9. Cito

Cito Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    it is an apple wall charger, green dot apple wall charger
  10. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    could post a link/photo of that wall charger