iPod Accelerometer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Adrenal1ne, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Adrenal1ne

Adrenal1ne New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey

My iPod Touch 2G is acting up in games that are accelerometer intensive, such as MonkeyBall, Labyrinth (better because of built-in calibration) and such. It's really hard to play these with an offset.

I bought A Level today from the App Store and found out that there's a good 3-4degree offset from the flat, horizontal and vertical positions.

My battery also seems to die fast, especially the first half. Maybe it's just me

But will this be enough to get a replacement at the Apple Store? It's annoying when I play a racing game and I'm tilting left when it is flat on a tabletop.

Also, I bought it second hand. The warranties still good for a year but I don't have the receipt. I guess I could say it was a gift, it really was used for under a month before it was into my hands. And I am in Canada.

If any of you have any experience, especially Canadians, let me know!

Thanks, love this forum.
  2. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what would it matter if we were canadian or not? but apple isnt going to replace it mabe if u give them a fight but there fussy
  3. Adrenal1ne

Adrenal1ne New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Only a few have a Genius Bar.

Would I have to make an appointment with the Genius?

Btw I've researched and there have been many cases where this has been replaced. I'm just not sure what you guys think.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    halp.