Ipod 8Gb 2G ver 3.12 Help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Hamish75, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Hamish75

Hamish75 New Member

Hello

I have done a lot of reading over the last few day and I still don’t have all the questions I need.

First of all I believe I have a 2G Ipod Touch with the latest firmware 3.1.2. I have read if the back plastic cover on the top right is smooth and the ipod has volume adjustments on the side it’s a 2G ipod. I hope this is right. As a note It was purchased in October of 2009.

I read and watched several videos using the Blackra1n app to Jailbreak my ipod. I had no luck using this app; the Ipod would accept the connection from Blackra1n disconnect and never to reboot. I would have to use itunes 9.X to restore the ipod touch. And I was lucky enough to experience the white light of death which is an easy fix. Also found ver 2.0 of Blackra1n which gave me the same results. I also copied the file to the root of c: and ran as Admin.

Then I went to a site on IRC (server Efnet) and asked a few questions there; not much help as some say I can’t use the 8Gb ipod; some say I can Jailbreak it; they post a quick link and never again respond. So my endeavors have led me to this Forum. As you can see I have the latest firmware 3.1.2 I did have 3.1.1 prior to watching the how to video using Blackra1n. I may have screwed myself updating to this new firmware but I can’t figure this part out.

I hope someone is kind enough to take the time and explain what I have done wrong or what I have not done.

UPDATED *** The part number for my ipod starts with MC does this mean it's a 3G.
    Best Regards, Hamish

I do apologizes if I have posted this in the wrong section.
  2. panostouch

panostouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    sorry

i have the same ipod as yours.the problem is that when the model starts with mc you cant jailbreak at the time.but i read that on january the dev team will release the greenpoison which will jailbreak our ipods.until then w8 my friend