iPod 5g

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by berky93, Jan 7, 2010.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I just finished my newest work, a detailed model of a 30-gigabyte fifth generation iPod. I am very pleased with the results, although I feel that if I end up using it in the video I plan to use it for I will need to continue tweaking...but that is jut the perfectionist in me.

Anyway, I made everything entirely from scratch, including all of the textures and maps. I hope you enjoy!

Please Register or Log in to view images

any feedback/criticism is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: scroll down for a larger (1280x800) version

EDIT2: Here's the video I promised you all! I had to cut back a bit to complete it in time, but I think it still looks pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reW_aMOG1T4
  2. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Very nice, although I am not sure if it is just the picture, but the buttons on the scroll wheel look slightly blurry to me. Other than that, fantastic work.
  3. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if thats photoshop than omg i love you
  4. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, he's talking about textures and maps, so I would be inclined to believe this is a blender creation. Can I have confirmation on this?
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

It's actually done in 3ds max (a 3d modeling program) but the textures were done in photoshop.

And I noticed the blurriness of the buttons too, it's just because of the low resolution of the render. If I rendered the image in a higher resolution, aside from taking forever, it would look much clearer. I'll put up a high-res version once I get it rendered...
  6. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was close enough

7. berky93

berky93 New Member

Here is the large version. I guess rendering times weren't as bad as I expected. In this one everything is much clearer.

EDIT: Here's an updated version, I noticed a small error and corrected it. If you can spot the difference, you win!

8. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The arrow on "videos" which is highlighted in blue in the menu changed from black to white, like it should be

Do I win?
  9. berky93

berky93 New Member

you win!

I noticed that I forgot to change that, and I knew that if I didn't fix it the perfectionist inside me would slowly drain the life from me until I was nothing more than a bitter, unfulfilled shell of the modeler I once was... ok maybe not that much, but it would bug me.
  10. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It looks very nice. Tell me, do you have any opinions in how one such as myself could start learning modelling? Any reccomendations on programs etc. (You have sparked my interest

)