iPod 4 Picture Messaging

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GpenguinX, Oct 27, 2010.

1. GpenguinX

GpenguinX New Member

Since there is a way now to use text messaging on the native message app, is there a way to enable picture messaging like on the iphone 4?
  2. Kev

Kev New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Use PingChat!
    It's free, and you can send any kind of message! You get your own name to use, and it syncs with contacts!

It's in the AppStore
  3. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

TextPlus

MMS, your own phone number, integrated contact list, unlimited, group chat, etc etc
  4. GpenguinX

GpenguinX New Member

Umm no that's not what I'm talking about, I was wondering if anyone knew how to enable MMS in the native app, just like on the iPhone 4, not using another app.
  5. zombie boy99

zombie boy99 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Hmmm I smell more plist hacks
  6. GpenguinX

GpenguinX New Member

Yeah I'm just looking for someone who knows a plist edit to enable it.
  7. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's enabling all the stuff in the General Settings plist.. But you can't use it to send MMS. It wont work. When you send them using the GV SMS Extension(iPhone) it wont send them over GV and it will send them through your actual number.
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

agreed not possible..when a native iphone cant do that how do you think an ipod can..(if I got that right)

I know text+ does somewhat of picture text..but it only works with other using text+ as it says in the appstore information

textnow can picture text to about everyone that can receive it

im about to try the old pic texting app by pinger..doubt it will work..says you can send..but not receive fully
  9. GpenguinX

GpenguinX New Member

Lol, again I wouldn't know because I don't have an iPhone. The reason I ask is because someone on another thread had an iPhone and apparently sent a picture message through the sms gv extention. All I asked if someone knew how to enable it on the iPod touch, that is all.
  10. carolwinstlet

carolwinstlet New Member

iPod Touch has been updated with 4g version with nice features in it .The new iPod Touch 4G comes with sensitive sensor camera so you have facility to send mms,the picture messaging is possible along with text messaging.