iPod 4.0 JAILBREAK HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zorawar R23, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Zorawar R23

Zorawar R23 New Member

alright so my iPod is currently 3.0 ( never updated :S ) and I want to make it FM 4.0 and jailbreak it. But the thing is the lock button on my iPod( top left) is messed up and doesn't work, so it's hard to jailbreak, but I discovered jailbreakme.com today.

so the question is: should i update my firmware to 4.0 then use jailbreakme, because i want to keep all my apps and all that stuff.

PS: when i try to update the firmware to 4.0 iTunes says it's encountered an error and to continue the update it will delete everything on the iPod. But i've backed up everything us PKGBackup

any help would be appreciated.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Bump!!!
  2. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't bump with a double post.

If you have everything saved with PKGBackup, I doubt that matters. iTunes would erase that, and the list it created. I would recommend getting RockStore and a RockID, so it will backup a list of sources and packages. Then restore to the newest firmware. Get into DFU mode, download the 4.0 update, and Shift+Click+Restore the new firmware. Jailbreak with jailbreakme, then go to Rock>settings>scroll down>click manage backup and install the packages that are compatible with iOS 4.
  3. Zorawar R23

Zorawar R23 New Member

how else do you accept me to bump..
    and as i stated in my first post, i can't use the lock button on my ipod, which would make it impossible to go into DFU mode.