Ipod 3rd Gen, (not about limera1n)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Deviant, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Ok, i think i will buy a used 3rd gen 32gb, instead of ipt4 8gb because i can get it alot cheaper. My questions are;

Is the 3rd gen a quick device? I mean 4.0 on my 2g was extremely laggy, does the 3rd gen handle wallpapers and multitasking smoothly and without lag? And also is it true that it has a built in mic?
  2. sudadoda

sudadoda Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well it doesn't have a built in mic, I knw that, and it's supposed to have a better processor than the 2g but worse than the 4g.
    I don't have one, though
    It's also supposed to have a better screen (retina display)

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ipT

ipT New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The 3rd gen is decent but the upgrades on the 4th gen seems nice. Depends on the money you have really.
  4. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've had the 2g, 3g, and now the 4g. I never had the 2g on any firmware higher than 2.2.x so i can't give a great comparison, though.

I thought that the 3g handled multitasking and wallpapers just fine. It has twice the ram of the 2g. I only upgraded to the 4g because i wanted a camera, mic, retina display, etc...

The 4g does have a better processor but it has the same amount of ram (256) as the 3g.

If you don't care about the extra features of the 4g, go ahead and buy a 3g.

But beware that it will become obsolete a year sooner.
  5. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Yeah im not really worried about the camera and retina, just worried about having a slow device
  6. ayeitschris

ayeitschris Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have an iPod touch 3G 32gb and it runs incredible fast compared to the 4, just about the same performance. The max memory I can get free is 185. when I used my friends 4g, I instally noticed the retina display, but after having quite some time using it, my eyes adjusted to it and looked about the same as the 3G screen.
  7. PP34MVP

PP34MVP Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would get the 3rd Gen... Mine is really quick, so I don't think speed is an issue. I would rather have 32 gigs of memory than retina display or a camera (or is that just me?!)
  8. ayeitschris

ayeitschris Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    But if your willing to pay an extra 50-70 bucks or so for a 720 video capture, retina display, and facetime, get the 4G

9. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Well im kinda torn between the two. I just watched a vid of how great the 4g looks and it kinda made me want one

10. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, what do you mean by slow?
    iPod touch 3rd Generation works PERFECTLY fine on 4.x but maybe the 4G would be faster because of the A4 chip.

For me, my 3G works fine and runs very smoothly on any firmware(4.1 too).
    Though, a ipod touch 3G 8GB has a old bootrom which is a 2G so I would recommend you getting a iPod touch 3G 32GB

BUT IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUYOUYOUYOU!