iOS 3.1 iPod 3G stuck in recovery but doesn't get recognized, please help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Triple6ix, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Triple6ix

Triple6ix New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright so I just recently jailbroke my iPod Touch 3G with 3.1.2 and Blackrain and it worked completely fine. I was not aware of the shutdown problem with the restore loop. Yesterday, I shut it down and tried to reboot and it was stuck on the Itunes+USB screen, but when I plugged it in, it was recognized by iTunes and I got the "You must restore etc." message. From here I just launched Blackrain again and it fixed the problem pretty easily.

Here's the problem, today, upon starting my iPod, I got the same problem. Naturally, I tried plugging it into my laptop to do the blackrain fix again. However, this time, my iPod is not recognized by my computer or iTunes, so Blackrain does not work. I'm guessing it's not in DFU mode, but I've tried literally 30 times with slightly different techniques I found searching for solutions, but none of them work.

I did once get the iPod recognized for a second, because Windows failingly searched for drivers (?) but after that I've got nothing. Sorry about the long read I'm just trying to provide as much information I can, you guys know anything that could help me?
  2. sportserh

sportserh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ipod touch frozen, cant do anything

I have a 2nd generation ipod touch. I jailbroke it using blackrain. It had been working fine for months until today. When I went into apps, they would all crash right away. So I decided to hold the home and sleep button for ten seconds each until the apple icon appeared. Heres the problem. It wont disappear. I dont know what to do. Cant do anything with it.
  3. Triple6ix

Triple6ix New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay a little update on my problem. I'm able to set it to DFU mode because when I go to Control Panel and look at attached devices, it is not set as Apple Mobile Device USB Driver (DFU) instead of Recovery mode. However, my problem still remains that iTunes doesn't pick it up. The iPod is still not fully recognized by my USB because when I try the libusb thing, it gives me the message

"Got USB
    No iPod/iPhone found"
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    dfu restore for all of those
  5. Triple6ix

Triple6ix New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^^^I'm sorry could you please elaborate? I put the iPod in DFU mode but when I plug it in, iTunes doesn't even recognize anything in my USB port so it doesn't give me the option of restoring.