Ipod 3G stuck DFU tried it all

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Silver2k, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Silver2k

Silver2k New Member

Ive Looked in all forums youtube everywhere for a fix on this and so far nothing i tried downloads of all kinds and so far it was worthless and i searched this forum high and low b4 posting

prob is simple my ipod touch 3G im assuming is stuck in DFU(black screen doesnt connect to my computer/itunes and it cannot be turned back on for some reason
    now i tried holding the home button for like 20sec then connecting it onto the pc while still holding the home button as many have said to do yet my ipod still does nothing just a black screen

when i hold home and power for 10sec then letting go of power yet still holding onto home for another 8secs the ipod seems to connect to my pc and actually interact with itunes yet when i try to restore my ipod it gets disconnected when it says

verifying itunes with apple or somthin so i redo the prosses about 2-3 times and i finally get a error message "1600"

my ipod is a 3G running 3.1.2 firmware if any1 got ideas about how to get it even to restore screen id greatly appreciate it
  2. Volcomstone000095

Volcomstone000095 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is it jailbroken?
  3. Silver2k

Silver2k New Member

yes its jailbroken with blackra1n
  4. agakhurd

agakhurd New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do not connect to your pc. go to setting erase everything, if you have backup everything, you will be able to reload everything.
    I had the same problem last night, I updated my songs and I placed the artist photos and I was getting error message.
    hope this help. If you do not have backup do not do it.
  5. Silver2k

Silver2k New Member

i cant go into settings and delete everything its a dam black screen since last night nothing works if i connect to itunes all i see is the ipod when i try to recover my backup it says error 1600
  6. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Don't restore from the backup. It'll just put some jailbreak data back on.
  7. Silver2k

Silver2k New Member

then how the hell do i get it out of DFU and into its normal mode is there like anything to do or do i just take the ipod and put it in the trash
  8. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Restore from a new firmware.
  9. SuperBack

SuperBack New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Error 1600?
    Go to apple's website and download quicktime+iTunes, you can use that to update your iTunes Program which will cease the error being given.
  10. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    has anyone solved this? I'm already running the latest itunes and stuck at the black screen with the error 1600.

I it seems that itunes will not let you use the 3.1.2 it just blows up with this error.