ipod 3g jailbrake

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dilweed, Dec 28, 2009.

1. dilweed

dilweed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    does anyone know when a new version of blackra1n or something will come out that will let me reboot without needing to run the jailbrake again
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In a word, no...

I have been reading alot of the posts on the Chronic Dev (makers of greenpois0n) blog and their various twitter accounts.
    Originally, they said that they would release before the end of 2009. They then held a "vote" on their blog asking if people would rather release now or wait untill July 2010 for the release of the new iPhone models, to ensure apple could not patch the JailBreak before the release. The general consensus seemed to be that most people (apart from all the kids whinging at them to release now) wanted to wait for the release and have a 0 day jailbreak for the new iPhone.
    However, they never actually said what they decided on.
    Then, posixninja said on his twitter that they would not be releasing untill the new iPhone (source).
    But yesterday, this was posted by the Chronic team on their Twitter, which implies they are still trying to release before the end of 2009, and asap after that if they cannot.

Either way, just jailbreak with Blackra1n. I got a new 3g touch yesterday, and jailbroke it the same day. I was pretty much a complete noob (although i had spent time reading a lot of info on jailbreaking etc before i bought the iPod.
    Being tethered makes absolutely no difference. If you set the iPod up correctly whilst at your computer, you should not need to reboot while away. Even better, install SBSettings and you can just respring instead of rebooting most of the time anyway.
    Keep it charged up and don't mess with stuff you don't understand when not at your PC and you will be absolytely fine with tethered.
  3. MBN

MBN New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If I have understood it right, there are many apps who needs the iPod to reboot if they shall work? Is it then u need the SBSettings u talk about?
  4. Plasmah

Plasmah New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ibizaGTi

Great Advive I too am a newbie and just got my Ipod Touch 3rd gen. I had it Jailbroke and set up 20min out of the package. And I agree use Sbsettings to respring if needed but I have been installing stuff the last 2 days and have not needed to run Blackra1n once and never turn my unit off just put it in sleep mode and good 2 go.