iPod 3g Crashes After Winterboard Installation

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Hacar013, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Hacar013

Hacar013 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have an iPod touch 3g 32GB running 3.1.2 and I had no problem jailbreaking it with blackra1n nor with installing Cydia. But when I tried to install Winterboard my iPod crashes. So I done a little research and I hoped that I could install Mobile Substrate from Cydia and it would fix my problem but it crashed my iPod as well. By crashing I mean my iPod goes into recovery mode. There may be more programs that does this but I just haven't tried them yet, I don't want to keep restoring my iPod. Please if anyone has any suggestion I would greatly appreciate to try them. Thanks!
  2. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

my ipod doesnt crash like yours does, but mobile substrate doesnt seem to be working at all for me :\ you have 3.1.2 right?
  3. Ric19k

Ric19k New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Solution

When you installed winterboard press the home button of your ipod it will not crash and re install cydia it wont ask you to restart cydia and winterboard will work perfectly. I hope you understand if not just mail me.
  4. badbrad420

badbrad420 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yes (Ric19k) is right when you install winterboard and cydia tells you to reboot don't just press home button and then hold home and power button and make it reboot.
  5. lakshan

lakshan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ipod touch 3g crashing after winterboard installation

i tried pressing the home button and manually rebooting and it worked perfecetly then this morning whenmy ipod went out of charge i plugged it in via usb and now it is on the restore screen (usb cable with itunes picture)
  6. jaco0062

jaco0062 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have exactly the same problem
  7. speedy4321

speedy4321 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The REAL Solution

Ok. To make it a short version, rebooting an 3g ipod touch really means using blackra1n to reboot it. And, the long version is, once you download winterboard, press reboot now unless you want to download anything else, then, once your device goes into "recovery" mode, go to blackra1n.com, and let blackra1n run. Once its finished running, your ipod touch should restart and there should be winterboard on there. If not, try it again. Also, once you download winterboard, a great theme is idynasty. I dont think i'll ever change it.
  8. AwesomeAJ

AwesomeAJ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Simple way without computer:
    1.Search SBSettings on Cydia
    2.Install it
    3.It is activated by swiping the top of your ipod screen (where it says ipod, time and battery)
    4.Go install winterboard
    5.IMPORTANT:When it is done and it says to reboot device activate sbsettings and press respring.
    6.ipod will respring and winterboard will be there!
  9. iFluke

iFluke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yes but there is one problem i've encountered with your solution, whenever i install SBSettings, it still asks me to reboot the device, the same thing that happens when installing Winterboard...so how can i go around this problem?
  10. rei--ubangmi

rei--ubangmi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its because you have a 3g iPod... With the 3g iPod you only have a tethered jailbreak so when you reboot, turn off or really even change some minor things it will go into recovery mode in which you have to, once again run blackra1n to get it up and working. I recently went through this problem with a friends iPod before I realized what the problem was. You will have to wait till greenp0ison comes out before you can get the full use of a jailbroken iPod.