ipod 2g won't find WAP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SiN Altr Ego EL, Sep 23, 2008.

1. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ok so i had a 1g itouch and it found the WAP, but now with the new 2g, it won't find it in a spot where my old one would. help please? i tried shutting down the ipod, turing off wifi, and still nothing.
  2. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it wont find the router's wireless signal? or it wont connect because you didnt put in the password? when you got your new ipod, it might not have synced the list of known hot spots.
  3. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    it won't find the signal. and actually that may be the problem cause i bought it today. yeah it actually may take a while, cause the wifi i get isn't even from my own house. its from i think like 3 houses down... so yeah. i get 2 bars outta it, so thats good, but hopefully it doesn't take 2 long
  4. foxfirebass

foxfirebass New Member

LOL.

Yes, that would make sense.
  5. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lists of known hotspots? Doesn't the iPod Touch have something that "scans" the area for Wifi? Or does it use a list?
  6. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G

yeah. it kinda sux, cause my dad has out WAP locked down tight, has the SSID invisible, and has a MAC Filter in the VERY unlikely event that someone figures out the first 2 things. and he won't put my ipod on our mac filter list, and give me the WEP... so im kinda screwed.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok now this is retarded, my touch is picking up EVERY locked WAP in my area, but not the one i need..... ughhh.. lolz
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    yeah dude, chill. i can't tell whether ur being sarcastic or serious, so i'll answer to both

SARCASTIC: yeah chill out dude. seriously. idk what pissed u off earlier today, but chill.

SERIOUS: its the same as the 1g touch, but heck with the tech in the 2g, idk man. it may need to refresh.
  7. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL! No no no...man, you misunderstood me, I wasn't being sarcastic, I really was asking a question about the tech in the iPod. From what I know, the Wifi Chip in it scans for Wifi network doesn't it? No list or whatsoever if involved cause you could bet that Apple won't have a lot of people's private Wifi networks if they actually used a list.
  8. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    dude use wifi from your computer. (if you know what i mean)
  9. gusto5

gusto5 New Member

isn't that an indication that your WAP is not being broadcasted?
  10. JAD

JAD New Member

Thats what I figure. Your ssid isn't being broadcast so you're not picking it up. One of the wifinder/wififofum apps on sale at the ap store may or may not pick up unbroadcast ssids. Did you try inputting the name of the ssid and the router and dhcp in manually? I always set up my ipod manually as I find even connecting with WPA it just doesn't do it correctly automatically.