iPod 2G Touch Stolen =(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by perfectblunt, Dec 30, 2009.

1. perfectblunt

perfectblunt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So here's my story:

My brother got a great deal on the iPod First Generation, it is a 16GB I believe. Before he got it, I had no idea this device even existed. He wasn't sure how to use it, and I'm the computer person of the family. So he brought it to me, and I fell in love immediately. I swore I'd get my own one day and soon.

I research where I can buy one and to my surprise, I find out there is a later version and this time it includes a speaker! So, I saved and saved, and went out and purchased the 16GB 2nd Gen iPod Touch...you can imagine my excitement right? Having played around w/ my Brothers 1G..I was already very knowledgeable about the device!

My first app. ever downloaded was Crash Bandicoot Nitro Racing...the graphics kinda blew me away. The game was addicting and my Dad got hooked. After awhile, he'd play it more then I did. I didn't mind, cause I knew it was there if I really needed it. When he wasn't playing it, he'd put it in his zipper bag under his coffee table, there was never any worry of theft.

Well, one day I owed him 20 bucks, it consisted of two 5 dollar bills and one 10 dollar bill. He puts the money in the same pocket as the iPod Touch. Later that day, someone (I seriously don't know who) came to the house and must've have seen the money sticking outta the pocket and went to take it, when they lifted it up, they seen the iPod sitting under it. They snatched the 20 bucks and the $250.00 (two week old) iPod touch.

I swear, it was like losing an arm or leg..that's how attached I became to it. My Dad was even withdrawing, for someone his age to get familiar w/ this kind of technology was amazing. So, we mourned and moped around, searching high and low. We never did come across it..=( and I kick myself even harder for not putting in a 4 digit numerical pass code. A few people said I had a better chance at getting it back or finding out who took it if I had a pass code on the device.

Either way, it's long gone...and I now have the 32 GB iPod 3rd Gen. You best believe it is secured w/ pass code, and I had it professionally engraved w/ my full name, phone number and this "$ Reward If Lost Or Stolen". So yeah, I'm taking extra precautions. Here's what I really, really want...a GPS tracking device installed on it. Since it has Wi-Fi capabilities, if some sort of GPS is installed and it's stolen, and they crack the code and get a Wi-Fi Connection, I can just go to a website and track the device w/ either an address or phone number...what do y'all think? Wouldn't that be awesome? I'd pay monthly for it to.
  2. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Ahh man that sounds horrid, i would hate to lose my iPod im too addicted to it to lose it, sad to here that man, ohh and the GPS thing, there is an adapter you a can buy i think ...
  3. MuseFan288

MuseFan288 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know how you feel man. I lost mine to only difference is some guy put a gun to my face and searched me and my friend and took our belongings officially three weeks ago. It was like loosing one of my nuts dude just horrible. Mine had the application lock down with everything locked down so you cant use anything.
  4. SomaliMahamed

SomaliMahamed Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Same one day I thought I lost it while leaving the car dealer and started feeling a sense of withdrawal. I finally found it on the hood of my SUV just about to go in and drive it lol.
  5. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sad story man. And sorry to break it to you, but if Springboard crashes and the device goes into safe mode (or if you enter safe mode through SBSettings, Lockdown ability will no longer work.

So all he has to do to get ur data it boot in safe mode

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

He was probably pissed lol, but anyway at least you got yourself the 3rd Gen iPod Touch. Try to be more careful with this one. But if it does get stolen (which I doubt it will) I hope they get the pass code wrong enough times and get everything wiped out from the iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images