Ipod 2g Speaker question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by midnight0045, Nov 20, 2008.

1. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    just a curious question here

but could anyone who was qualified enough open the 2nd gen touch and somehow swap the standard speaker with a more high quality one? perhaps take the speaker from the iphone? any insight if this could ever be attempted? or could the ipod touch's amplifier that powers this sh*t speaker power anything of better quality so you could somehow get a stronger and cleaner/clearer sound?

something to think about
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

OMG, i think you're the only one who ever think about that.

i don't think it's possible.

if you're talking about hardwares.

it's very sensitive.
  3. MonkeyLove

MonkeyLove New Member

Aye laddy thats crazy talk and you'll void that thing um whats it called ummmm AHH!!! the warranty thats it yeahhhh Bold idea though..

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ironman_stittsville

ironman_stittsville New Member

has anyone out there been able to open these things up with out damaging them?

they look completely unserviceable to me. no screws. i'm assuming that it's glued together?
  5. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    iphone speakers are bigger. i dont the the touch will close right again. and the best thing u could do would be to drill holes in the back plating like the iphone
  6. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Did you think about where the sound goes out actualy (casewise) ? You won't get high quality sound of that little thing ....
  7. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

8. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    huh

I use my $79 Sony ear buds on and the audio is not lacking. I don't understand the need or desire for the iPhone speaker.
    Maybe the Touch will mount up one of the expensive external speakers, like Bose.
  9. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You'd probably get better sound if you were to drill a number of tiny holes where the speaker is. Of course you'd need to disassemble it first and if you ever needed it to get fixed by Apple you'd be out of luck.
  10. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is by far the most dumbest idea ive ever heard of
    WHY WOULD U SWAP FOR IPHONE SPEAKER?
    why oh why would you?!?!?!?!
    the iphone speaker is horrible, it overpowers itself with bass and becomes VERY unclear. trust me ive had both.
    the ipod touch speaker has zero bass and therefore can go louder than the iphone speaker by not overpowering itself like the iphone one does. Its much clearer aswell. Only dumb thing on apple's part is surrounding the speaker by the metal back and a bunch of other crap inside the ipod, instead of making it close to an edge with tiny holes or somethin, it would be MAD louder that way. If anyone has heard the loudness that comes out of the blackberry curve, it would be a tiny bit quieter than that, but still thats LOUD. apple made a screw up and im guessing if there is ever a 3rd gen ipod touch then the speaker will be as i say, and hopefully they will include a camera aswell- this would be godly.