.. iPod 2G FirmWare - Help? D:

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tsukoi, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay

Basally, right now I'm on 2.2.1 FirmWare for my iPod Touch 2G.
    Since then, I've downloaded a Hell of alot of Packages/Sources from Cydia, and I've bought alot of Applications.

What I'm wonder, is if I go to iTunes, and Upgrade to 3.0.1 - Will it delete my Applications from Cydia, and will it Un-Do my JailBreak? Also, what will happen to all my Music? Will it clear my iPod all together, and will I have to do everything again, or what?
  2. altemar

altemar New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yea once you upgrade to 3.0.1 everything will be erased, well you don't have to worry if you bought all of the apps they will stay in your itunes account as far as the apps bought from cydia not sure. but you can jailbreak again once you upgrade to 3.0.1
  3. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    since when was it 3.0.1? its 3.0. when you update it will erase everything but you can just sync it all back in after the update. then the jailbreak will not delete anything. use redsn0w for 3.0 jailbreak.

make sure to set up your ipod as new after the update. dont restore from backup.
  4. deepower

deepower New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    but if he doesnt backs up he wont get his music (i mean, if they are not at his itunz library) and if your apps are not legit there's an app for it to make them sync with iTunes but i surely cant tell you where to get it (and its name, of couse) try using Google