ipod 2G battery life in iOS 4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dragonfire, Sep 20, 2010.

1. dragonfire

dragonfire New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi all,

I recently updated my iPod 2G to 4.0.2. I found my battery life has been terrible since the update.

I also noticed that wifi is sometimes on when I unlock, leading me to question whether it is on when the ipod is in my pocket and whether this could cause the poor battery life.

Wondering if anyone else is having this experience. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

--Jonathan
  2. Grand Cross

Grand Cross New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Can't figure if you upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0.2 or from 4.0 to 4.0.2 but in any case. I had the 4.0 and didn't have any battery issues so far with my old 2G. However if you have a jailbroken device with multitasking enabled then expect your battery drained fast.

Note: I changed my 2G with a 4G a week ago (just in case that you read my profile)
  3. dragonfire

dragonfire New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry. I should have mentioned. Went from 3.1.3 to 4.0.2, and not jailbroken.

Thanks so much for your input though. Maybe it's just in my head.
  4. NNLogistics

NNLogistics New Member

I also have a 2g and just upgrade the OS to 4( No Jailbreak) and I have the same battery issue. I think you may have hit upon the reason.

Before I upgraded I swear the WiFi didnt come on until the device was unlocked. Now it appears the WiFi is always on (Even before it is unlocked).????????????

It would be great to get another confirmation.

Thanks for any input

Joe