iPod 2G 3.0 Freezing Respring

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JacobComik, Apr 25, 2010.

1. JacobComik

JacobComik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry for my first post to be a please help one but I'm really stuck at the moment

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 2G 3.0. I had it jailbroken for ages, and had a bunch of apps and things installed etc. Then, after downloading SBRotator, my iPod crashed.

Now what I mean by crashed is, it did a respring, and then shut off, then it came up with the Apple Turning On Logo, and the little circle came up over the Apple logo. The screen then went blank (but was still lit up) and the lock screen flashed. And then went back to what it was before with the Apple logo and the circle. This just repeated over and over and over unless I force shut it down by holding in the power and home key.

So I decided to restore and re-jailbreak (For some reasons none of the programs were working properly for me and it took me ages to do it and much frustration but I finally did it).

Once I had re-jailbroken I installed a bunch of apps etc. and installed SBRotator without it crashing. I continued to install themes and different things. I installed backgrounder and what do you know...

The exact same thing happened again.

I don't want to re-jailbreak again because it took me forever but I don't know what else to do to fix it.

Please help me!

P.S If you plug in the iPod, the same thing happens, but the lock-screen it flashes to is the charging screen.

Thanks!!
  2. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    You are 100% sure you have a 2G, correct?
  3. JacobComik

JacobComik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes.

Thanks for the quick reply!
  4. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    its the SBRotator, it done that to my old bootrom iphone 3gs
  5. JacobComik

JacobComik New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there anyway I can fix it without having to restore my iPod? I hadn't installed OpenSSH yet on my iPod so I'm not sure if that effects anything, although it may have installed with another app, not too sure

Please Register or Log in to view images