iPod $20 Software Upgrade??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by latinoheat69, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. latinoheat69

latinoheat69 New Member

I have a question...i searched but didn't find the answer

what does the upgrade do..do u download the apps or does it change the plist file because i know the 1.1.3 and .4 come with the apps...just not activated.
    does it download the actual apps again or patches the springboard watever?
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The $20 January update allows you to use the 5 iPhone applications (Maps, Mail, Stocks, Notes, Weather), the jiggling icons ability (to rearrange them), and to add web-apps to your springboard. This is done by changing a plist file, the apps are already included in the firmware.

However, the update is easily obtainable for free once you jailbreak.
  3. latinoheat69

latinoheat69 New Member

haha dude i'm not a n00b lol

my question is when you buy them through itunes do you download the actual apps?
    thanks anyway
  4. latinoheat69

latinoheat69 New Member

cause i have them though jailbreak and the wiggly thingy
  5. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus

Shame on you. Your a mod and your letting this member know that it is OK to steal from Apple? Aren't YOU as a MOD supposed to be enforcing the no piracy rule? And NOT promoting piracy.

I'll tell you all something. If I was the owner of this board, most of these MODS would have already been fired.
  6. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus

When you purchase the Apps legally as you would like to do, the update simply unlocks the features on the iPod. This means that no matter how many times you restore, or jailbreak, your purchased apps will always sync with your iPod. You will never lose them.
  7. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

stealing from apple that's a good one

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Actually, it is not something to laugh about. There are many here, including MODS that promote theft of the applications from Apple. There is no excuse for it or for anyone looking to get something for free that one must normally purchase.
  9. Angelic

Angelic New Member

...Keep your pants on. If you've jailbroken your touch, then you've violated Apple's agreement. And if you haven't jailbroken, why the hell are you here?

Anyway, you realize that all the iPhone apps do is look up and format information from the FREELY ACCESSIBLE internet, right? There's not some special Apple code.. just an application that rips XML and feeds it into a pretty interface.

Anyway, if you're that upset... delete your account.
  10. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I don't think he was promoting piracy per se, just explaining how the apps are activated. And that is indeed how they are activated. When you download 1.1.3 or 1.1.4, the apps are there, when you purchase them iTunes modifies the plist to enable their use.

@Angelic: There is absolutely no pre-requisite to use this forum. Meaning, jailbreaking is not required. Look at the name of the site: iPod Touch Fans, not Jaibroken iPod Touch Fans
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.