iPod 2.1 jailbreak error with QuickPwn

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Samu424, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Samu424

Samu424 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello

Everytime i try to jailbreak my ipod touch it fails... i get to the screen where it says "wait for your ipod to connect in recovery mode" my ipod restarts and the itunes logo comes up but quickpwn doesn't realize that this has happened so this instructions don't change.

So i've tried to restart the program and when i do it the instructions instantly change but at the end of following the instructions it says the ipod started in the wrong state and i didn't follow the instructions or a bad usb connection is there. i don't see how this could happen i know i follow the directions properly. So what can i do?

(I have a first gen. iPod and I use the QuickPwnRC3 Morphey Version on WinXp.)
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you have the itunes logo on your ipod screen, you're in the wrong mode. Make sure you get the DFU finger dance right. You're in restore mode there

Please Register or Log in to view images

When you're in DFU mode, there should be nothing on screen and if you press buttons, nothing will happen. When you get in DFU mode you'll be fine from there
  3. Samu424

Samu424 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It works! Thank you!
  4. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    problem in a nutshell: QuickPWN doesn't detect iPod in DFU mode.

I still have the same problem. I thought QuickPWN was suppose to automatically put you into DFU mode when it says "Wait for your iPod to connect in Recovery Mode." But it just hangs here, and the iPod resets itself into the USB/iTunes screen. Well I've tried putting it into DFU before running QuickPWN, and I'll get as far as the screen that asks me if I wish to add Installer, Cydia, etc... When I click the next arrow, WinPWN gives me the message: "Before continuing, please hold down the HOME and Power buttons for 15 seconds, then press the Power button for two seconds to reset your device," which I don't want to do, as it will take me out of DFU. If I try to click the next arrow again, it gets to the screen that tells me to plug in my iPod (it's been plugged in the entire time) but doesn't display the arrow, so it's not detecting it in DFU mode apparently. If I run the program with my iPod in regular mode, or if I reset the iPod like it told me to do though at the previous step, I'm back at square one!

In case you're wondering, I'm pretty sure I know how to use DFU mode;
    1) Shut down iPod
    2) Hold power+home for 10sec
    [usb disconnect sound on windows]
    3) Release power, keep holding home for 10sec
    [usb connection sound on windows]
    [iPod screen is blank, disappears from iTunes]

HELP!
  5. penky

penky New Member

same boat

yeah don't feel like an idiot this exact thing happens to me

I have no clew how to fix this but if you find out can you let me know how you did it please

kylepenfound@gmail.com
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The answer: don't put it into DFU mode before it asks you you. You WANT it to go into Restore/Recovery mode normally, and then do the DFU. After that it should upload the bootloader and it should be good.
  7. Dloader Girl

Dloader Girl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Use the official DevTeam QuickPwn.

And don't put it in DFU mode before the instructions telling you to do so appear.
  8. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had problems until I tried without the universal dock, now all of my problems are fixed

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Me&MyiPod

Me&MyiPod New Member

I don't get Cydia after jailbreacking!
    (same ipod, same program)

Thanks
  10. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

1) did you get it from the DevTeam site? Blog.iPhone-dev.org is it

2) if so, did you check Cydia when picking what to do? By default Cydia and installer get checked off.