iPod 1g - Finally got iTunes to see it now what do i restore to?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alvysyngr, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Alvysyngr

Alvysyngr Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I had 3.1.2 Blackra1n jailbroken installed before this terrible crash - now that iTunes wants to restore what firmware do i choose if I want to jailbreak again? I just want to get back to 3.1.2 and cannot locate a 3.1.2 for the 1g only the 2g
  2. iTz-zAcKoMg

iTz-zAcKoMg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you want to continue to have a jailbroken iPod Touch, you NEED to stay on FW 3.1.2 with blackra1n. If you update to the newest FW, 3.1.3, you will NOT be able to jailbreak.
  3. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    He has a 1G so this is incorrect. Just to a simple restore and follow a guide to jailbreaking 3.1.3 on a 1G. I'll post a link when I get it.

EDIT: Here just restore your iPod, DFU mode if it doesn't work. After it's done follow this.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276351
  4. Alvysyngr

Alvysyngr Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I found firmware for 3.1.2 for the 1g and am currently downloading, will jailbreak when i get home tonight - I will update my progress

By the way - i let the device battery die completely (no reaction from the device no matter what you press) I brought to work - plugged it into my 27" iMac for 10 minutes to charge and did the regular restore - iTunes jumped up like a light from heaven - now i just need to get this working!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok - Did the restore and bam - I have everything perfect! I will use Blackra1n tonight
    One question though - I restored it here at work but the ipod is sync'd at home - how can I get all my notes,setting, etc back? Re-restore when I get home?