ipod 1g broken?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by g0rd0, Sep 9, 2009.

1. g0rd0

g0rd0 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    -OK i have a ipod touch 1G. It was a friends of mine and he said he couldnt get it to work. (he probably tried to jailbreak it and failed). and is selling it to for $20 if i get it to work(haven't paid him yet LOL)

-it doesnt turn on without it being plugged in. When it is plugged in and i turn it on it shows the apple logo and the a bunch of words scrolling down saying darwin kernel 9.0.0..etc(only words i saw bc it scrolls really fast). and then turns off

-I can put it in recovery mode and dfu mode with ease. but when i try to restore it they both give me an error 1603-1604.

-i tried restoring it to all the different firmwares, because i didnt know which one he had on it. for some reason if i try to restore it in firmware 3.0 the progress bar goes alot further than any other

here it is when it starts (ipod touch is rebooting white screen appears and then logo appears - device manager recognizes it in dfu mode)

Please Register or Log in to view images

progress bar all the way(ipod touch is on logo is on - device manager recognizes it in dfu mode)

and then this(ipod touch turns off - device manager doesnt recognize it at all)

and error

-I also tried everything in this link http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275

i am running on vista 64bit. i also tried it on an old *** xp computer LOL

can anyone help