iPod 1G Bricked!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cryptic, Jan 1, 2010.

  1. Cryptic

    Cryptic New Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey guys, my 1G iPod Touch is bricked, screen is completely dead, it won't turn on, cant put it in restore mode, only DFU, cant restore firmware with latest version of iTunes, every time it gives me 1600, 1601, 1604, etc errors, same thing with iTunes 7.5, no luck with redsn0w, it just gets stuck at "waiting for reboot" after uploading second stage, tried unplugging and re-plugging cuz its supposed to solve that, no luck, same thing with redsn0w 0.72, tried all that with different USB ports, different computers, different USB cables but same thing, I know that 99.9% of the time people think their ipod is bricked it's not, but i guess i'm on the the other 0.1%
    Any other ideas, suggestions??? Help!!!!

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  2. Jacob

    Jacob Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2009
    Messages:
    4,943
    Likes Received:
    122
    Try the link in my signature. I have to tell you, there's no such thing as bricking an iPod Touch.
  3. Cryptic

    Cryptic New Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    I used irecovery, inputed irecovery -f ibss211.dfu then unplugged and replugged but after running irecovery -s i got "No iPhone/iPod found".
  4. gitanojr

    gitanojr New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2012
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    0
    Did you ever fixed your ipod touch 1G??
  5. Supertouch

    Supertouch Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    730
    Likes Received:
    19
    Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Big ol Bump there. ^
  6. Aodhan

    Aodhan Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2011
    Messages:
    611
    Likes Received:
    0
    Read the rules.
  7. Gullash

    Gullash Member

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2009
    Messages:
    142
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch

    what..you can brick the ipod touch and iphone with redsnow and ifile.
  8. Megaorange

    Megaorange Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2011
    Messages:
    799
    Likes Received:
    46
    Device:
    HTC One
    Brick means the only way to fix it is to change some hardware.

Share This Page