Ipod 16GB Screen issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Osaminha, May 16, 2008.

1. Osaminha

Osaminha New Member

Greetings from Brazil!

I would like to thanks in advance all of you!! I love this forum, I used a lot of information from here!! Thanks, all of you!

Well, back to the problem…..

I bought my Ipod Touch in September/October 07 in USA, my friend bought his in Fev 08 here in Brazil….. (Both are the 16GB model)

My Ipod came with 1.1.1, I used the web site to jailbreak and update to 1.1.2
    My friend’s Ipod came with 1.1.2, and he did all the procedures to perform a jailbreak too
    So, we are running the same firmware….. jailbreak 1.1.2

But I don’t know why…my screen appears to be darker than a friend of mine’s Ipod

It is obvious that his screen has more brightness than mine…. All picures and movies in this ipod appears with more contrast also

Please Register or Log in to view images

Here are my questions:
    Is there any difference between Ipods screen?!

Had they changed the hardware in such short time?! Or it can be a firmware issue?! I’m planning to update my ipod to 1.1.4…… do you guys recommend that?!

Thank you so much!!

[ ]s
    Renato
  2. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just compare ure settings, its most likely something as simple as uve changed the brightness and contrast of ure screen. Othewise you may have an issue with ure harware. it's no biggie, just go to apple and demand a new one, remember to restore first. but most likely it is the settings
  3. Osaminha

Osaminha New Member

We tried to but the same settings but, no way…. They are different

Even with brightness settings different (more bright on mine) the screens appears to be different…. (Both turn off or turn on the auto-brightness)

I’ll try do perform a restore, or update to check if the issue remains….

But thank you for helping me!

[ ]s
  4. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    1. Ipods made before week.....37? Have a chance to have a screen defect that makes things that are black appear white, but I don't think that's your problem

2. I think one of the firmwares slightly changed the contrast of the iPod. Are you both running the same firmware?
  5. kamal5one9

kamal5one9 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have the same problem. My screen seems kind of dark and I did compare it with another persons iPod and his looked a lot brighter than mine and we both have the same settings and we both have the same firmware. What is the problem?
  6. Poopymath

Poopymath New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think week 40 and under iPod Touches usually have darker screens then newer ones. It was sometime around week 40 that Apple made the switch to brighter screens.