ipod 1.1.2 crashing a lot

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Danp, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Danp

Danp New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Just wondering if this is happenning to anyone else. For some damn reason, my ipod crashes a lot when;

1. If I'm at home on my wireless network, it will crash SOMETIMES on installer, or weather, or customize, or catagories. If I'm at work, it won't crash on that wireless network.

2. It crashed on my once when it got pretty warm form a heater vent in my car. My bad on that one, as I didn't realize it was so close to that vent. Ever since then, it seems to crash more when warmer / hot.

Would this be something that I should consider sending it in for warranty repair?

And, on a side note, I've jailbrooken it few times, went up to 1.1.3, found it wasn't stable enough for me, and did a hard restore. Brought it back down to 1.1.1 and brought it back up to jailbroken 1.1.2.

I noticed that miraculously my wireless network settings were still there along with passwords to get into my wireless network.

Now before you guys freak out and say I didn't do the proper recovery mode, I did. I put it into recovery mode with a blank screen, not the connect icon.

Any thoughts on this?