IPKall

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by Auburnfan190, May 19, 2008.

1. Auburnfan190

Auburnfan190 New Member

ok guys, so i followed the steps for IFortner's guide to getting sip-voip on my touch, so far i have everything and i have called someone and it DID go through and that part is working, but need a mic (which i ordered from ridax yesterday) and an incoming phone number. i signed up for IPKalls program

but according to IFortner, right after you sign up you recieve the number

i did so, almost 2 hours ago, and recieved an email saying its pending and my signup is under review.

did anyone get this? and if so, how long did it take for the review to be complete and for you to get a phone number?

and also, i signed up for the free account, and did purchase credits, do i need to?

i know you may think that maybe i just have a patience problem, i dont, im just making sure that that message doesnt mean it didnt go through or something.
  2. thisisdoom

thisisdoom New Member

I have also received the same email saying that my approval is pending. I guess we just have to wait

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. IpodTouchKid93

IpodTouchKid93 New Member

Same here. I haven't got anything yet... I signed up a few hours ago.
  4. imnucknfuts

imnucknfuts New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. IpodTouchKid93

It took about a good 5-6 hours for me. I got it, but I don't see the point in it. Because when I try to call the number my ipod touch doesn't ring or anything.
  6. iFortner

iFortner New Member

You have to have a microphone from Touchmods.net and you obviously have to have your iPod hookup to pair of earbuds or a speaker. Touchmods made a headset with a built-in mic which is pretty good. Make sure you get the mic because without he mic you won't be able to hear the caller on the other end either for some reason.
  7. IpodTouchKid93

I had the microphone when I tried calling the number...
  8. Shazzamy

Shazzamy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You have to be connected to a wireless network. Also you need to open the sip voip app and connect to the sip-server. you can click the home button and the sip voip icon will say "ON" above it.
  9. austbart

austbart New Member

hey, i followed all the steps and when i tries calling my new IPKall Ipod touch number form my home phone, the voip buster app on my pc answers it on my pc, not my ipod , how to i reccieve calls?
  10. JMAN94

JMAN94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    look at iFortner's video