iPinball coming soon :) .....

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by Rawd, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Ok, so for the past 3 weeks or so, r4m0n and I have quietly been working on a new level/mod for iPhysics. When I first saw the iPhysics engine in it's early state, I mentioned to r4m0n that I would like to make a great pinball game for his engine. Since then, I have designed the concept behind it, and r4m0n has programmed everything needed. In order to make this work, we needed things like... distance, rotation, and prismatic joints (for the plunger), motors (with torque and speed), non-physical targets (pinball "roll-over" points), 3 lives system, on screen triggers for the flippers, sound effects, on-screen scoreboard, and a high score upload system. r4m0n is amazing in the fact that when I asked for something needed (lots), he didn't flinch... He just figures it out. I honestly don't think the guy sleeps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

All of these new options are also going to make new levels for iPhysics amazing!

The table is pretty much complete, the plunger is working, the flippers are in place on their joints and motors, and the bumpers are working quite well, and R4m0n basically has the trigger system figured out.

We still need to implement all of the action sounds, an on-screen scoreboard, and do some bug fixing, and play testing

before release. The great thing is, now that these features are implemented into the iPhysics engine, new pinball tables should be fairly easy to make.

Hoping to get a working version out before Christmas........

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryGbL7UcxZY

Attached Files:

2. TheRapture

TheRapture New Member

looks great.
  3. trojan99

trojan99 New Member

beautiful job
  4. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Looks pretty sweet...Looks a little blurry though..Might just be the screenshot...But keep up the good work and thanks for informing us.

5. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Wow, it looks great. The iPhysics engine has unleashed so many possibilities for different games and puzzles, I am glad people like you and the creator of Crayon Golf are already taking advantage of these possibilities. Your work with r4m0n is much appreciated, I can't wait to try this game out.
  6. spinner

spinner New Member

Looks great, can't wait!
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Nice! I can see where the new features would be ideal for this sort of thing. I can't wait to check it out -- and try out some of the new features when the new version becomes available.

8. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks rawd haha i always knew you would make something amazing for iPhysic's

9. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what can't iphysics do? This looks awsome! I can't wait until its released.
  10. brewer-11

brewer-11 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    looks awesome cant wait to play this on my touch!!