iPhysics: New game and contest...

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Rawd, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Ok, so I am working on a new car game for the full version of iPhysics, and I thought it would be fun to add some content from you guys!

So far, I have 3 levels completed and I would like to make a total of 6 (or more) for the pack.

The top 3 designs from this forum will make it into the full version (fully credited), and I will also buy your copies of the game!

You can design it to look however you like, and make the gameplay as creative as you can. Keep in mind: In this game, you can only draw. There are no drag, or joints options allowed, so think of that when designing. The game operates with 2 motor buttons to drive the tires.

I have provided a sample picture of the car, just put it into your drawing (for placement), but make it a seperate layer so it can be deleted later. I have also provided sample screenshots of what I have so far.

You can add spinning wheels, or spinning objects on joints or motors, but again, make the drawing of the objects in a seperate layer, so they can be removed later. Point out in your drawing where you want the joints, and which way you want the objects to spin.

You can also add your own custom sounds for the motor engine, and custom background music. Keep in mind that you cannot use copyright materials for the drawings, sound, or music.

Post your drawings in jpg format here, and when we pick the winners we can get the original photoshop files from you.

Due to the quick time-frame that we would like to release the full version to Apple, this contest willl close on Oct. 15th.

Excited to see what you guys come up with.

Please Register or Log in to view images

edit: Here is a design by PetaB that I made come to life.. This will show you how the car drives and give you a better idea how to design your levels.

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=qiJV5o-u6mQ (please rate the video, and remember to click on 'high quality')

Attached Files:

2. PetaB

PetaB New Member

question about the music copyright thing. is the copyright still in effect if i bought the song from itunes and then remixed it? (sorry, probably a stupid question)

Also, im confused on how to copy the same things that iphysics uses such as a ball, stick/line, block, etc. Can we create it in the image that we post up here or do we just draw a line and tell you what it is and if it's drawn there or whatnot.
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Yes, you basically have to make your own musics and sounds, or find some royalty free ones. If you can't find anything good, I have some extras.
  4. PetaB

PetaB New Member

na, it's okay. thanx tho

oh! are we making just one level or as many as we want?
  5. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I found some stock images, here's what I came up with quickly. I hope you consider it, and I look forward to working with you in the future. I will pick up some music.

Thanks,
    JamilD

EDIT: I'm doing some touch-ups, getting rid of the green, etc... So Do not consider this a final copy. (Obviously, it has no target!)
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Great! Good to see you already started! Make sure to show me where you are going to have the finish, and make sure that it will be possible to finish

7. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Okay, thanks for your consideration! I'll be making some more for entry. Your game is just amazing!
  8. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, your IS a winner.
  9. PetaB

PetaB New Member

rawd, can we make more than one level?

10. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Make as many as you want! I will only be able to pick 3 (maybe 5) winners though. You can save any others for the level editor later