iPhysics - Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by jmccnz, Dec 13, 2007.

1. jmccnz

jmccnz New Member

Since so many questions are being asked over and over I thought I would make a F.A.Q thread for people to look through before they ask.

Q: Help, I can't find iPhysics in Installer!

A: You need to add the r4m0n's repository. Do this in installer by going to "Sources" pressing edit, pressing add and then when the text entry box appears enter http://iphone.r4m0n.net/repos (the 0 in r4m0n is a "zero" and the o in repos is an "oh")

Q: I have the repo, how do I install iPhysics and get new levels?

A: In your package categories list under the "install" page of installer there will now be an iPhysics category. Inside this category you will find the latest version of iPhysics and all of the custom level packs.

Q: How do I update iPhysics and my levelpacks?

A: You have to update iPhysics and each levelpack by going to installer and hitting the "update" tap at the bottom. If the game or levels have been updated they will be in that update tab. Update by tapping and installing like a regular package.

Q: How do I play?!

A: The aim of the game in iPhysics is to use whatever means available (shapes, gravity, accelerometer, joints) to move the blue ball to the red square. For example: you may push the ball by dropping a rock on top of it, this can roll it towards the square.

Q: Help, I can't drag or make joints in my new levelpack!

A: Your levelpack is not broken. The levelpack author can set whether or not they want users to be able to drag shapes or draw joints. Some levelpacks won't allow the use of joints as it would make the levels far too easy.

Q: Where do I send my finished levelpack to get it put in Installer?

A: email it to levelpack@iphysics.r4m0n.net

Q: How do I go back to the main menu when playing a level?

A: Simply shake your iPod once and a menu bar will appear. Tap the red "Main Menu" button and you will be brought back to the main menu.

Q: How to I reset the whole level?

A: Again, shake your iPod once and a menu bar will appear. Tap the "Reset" button and the level will start over.

---

If anyone thinks of any more I could add let me know...
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Q: How do I go back to the main menu?

A: Simply shake your iPod once and a menu bar will appear. Tap the red "Main Menu" button and you will be brought back to the main menu.

Q: How to I reset the whole level?

A: Again, shake your iPod once and a menu bar will appear. Tap the "Reset" button and the level will start over.
  4. jmccnz

jmccnz New Member

Thanks guys, added them.