iPhysics...clueless

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by chrisrulz911, Dec 28, 2007.

1. chrisrulz911

chrisrulz911 New Member

I think it's just me when I say that all levelpacks i've tried are extremely difficult. Everyone else seems to be doing it fine, so I must be doing something wrong.

For example, in mindfield's newton as a child, the first level was hard enough. The second level I'm still stumped on. can anyone give me any tips to do make these easier for me?

Thanks

EDIT: I managed to build a weight system (a bit superfluous), which shooted the ball up into the air, and over the rock thing....now im stuck again.

EDIT AGAIN: Oh hell yes, I managed to make a catapult thing using large drawn objects on a weighing scale like thing. Now I know i'm definitely doing something wrong, this is too complicated...Any tips on the sixth level, or on anything for that matter? btw i'm posting my results because someone else like me might want some sort of walkthrough

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

All level packs should be pretty simple to start off with. The only thing required to complete each level is to draw an object or objects which knock the ball to the finish point. Although using levers and catapults etc can help to get to the finish, often they are not required and a level can be completed in a much easier manner. You could try taking a look at these iPhysics videos on youtube to see how other people do things and maybe pick up some tips.
  3. THaToNeGuY

THaToNeGuY New Member

4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Heh. Interesting to see how others solve my levels -- totally different than how I ended up solving them (though in some cases perhaps a bit simpler.)

Level 2, for example, I solve thusly:

1. Draw a line roughly 1/2 to 1/3rd the width of the valley over the pyramid-shaped rock to make a teeter-totter.
    2. Make a ball to the left of your player ball to get it moving down the hill and over to the far side of the teeter-totter.
    3. Drop a mid-sized shape on the left side of the teeter-totter to (hopefully) send the player ball sailing up to the goal.

For level 3:

1. Draw a box at the top of the middle landing, roughly as high as the ground you start on.
    2. Draw two smaller boxes on the left and right of the right-hand gap.
    3. Draw a line over the two smaller boxes on the right
    4. Draw a line from the start landing over the middle box you drew
    5. Start your ball moving over the top platform and down to the lower platform to meet up with the goal.

I'll leave the rest up to trial an error.

5. THaToNeGuY

THaToNeGuY New Member

ahah yeah...

i like my way of solving level 3 the most
  6. chrisrulz911

chrisrulz911 New Member

haha, these ways are pretty good...to start the ball, is the easiest way to make a stick push it?
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I just double-tap somewhere above the player's ball to drop a small ball on it. If it needs some extra oomph, I'll tap-and-hold for a second and drag out a larger ball to give it a push.
  8. THaToNeGuY

THaToNeGuY New Member

heres how i made the ball move on all my tries

the triangle goes down then pushes the ball.. i think you'll get it kinda
  9. kingjarman

kingjarman Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i can't solve the level with the white house.
    maybe i'm just an idiot.
    =[
  10. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

You need to draw a little ramp up to the door so the ball can get up there and reach the goal. Also, when the apple drops from the tree to start the gate spinning, wait for it to roll close to you and then drop down in front of it. If you make it under the gate properly it should smack you up your ramp and to the goal. If you don't make it under, you'll have to get the gate spinning counter-clockwise again, or at least stop it moving such that you can duck under it.