iPhoneShop 1.01 By Massimo23 new update, more artwork support

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by massimo23, Aug 19, 2008.

1. massimo23

massimo23 New Member

iPhoneShop 1.1 By Massimo23 newer update with japanese support..

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE... READ ON....
    Hi, i decided to study those other language keyboard artworks and the result is iPhoneShop 1.1
    It now supports EVERY firmware from 1.1.1 to 2.0.2 and ALL ARTWORKS KNOWN including russian, chinese, korean and JAPANESE keyboards artworks too.

I corrected a few mistakes, found more images that are now included and added the japanese artwork support too.

This should be 99.99% precise!!!

A very special Thank You to NeuroStar from MMI for helping me out, his findings will make future updates to iPhoneShop much more easier. Thanks

Here is the jar program Rar compressed: just unrar everything the way it is, copy your artwork files in the iphoneshop 1.1 folder and use the Bat Files Import/Export for importing/extracting the png files.

View attachment iPhoneShop 1.01.rar

How to Use:
    1) Make sure you have the latest java libraries installed.(Download at http://www.java.com).
    If Mac user try updating java to latest version (Not sure if it works)
    (Check here: http://developer.apple.com/java/download/ )
    2) Extract all the png files from your artwork files, running the Extract.bat file.
    All the extracted images will appear in there respective folder, so the Keyboard-Latin images are in the folder "KeyLatin", Other.artwork in "Other", Keyboard-Common in "KeyCommon and so on.
    3) Once you have edited the png image files, you need to import them back into there respective artwork files. To do that just run the Import.bat file.
    The new edited artwork files will appear in there respective folder ( the original artwork files will not be overwritten) so if you want the edited Keyboard-Common.artwork file you will find it in the folder "KeyCommon".
    4) ALWAYS make backup of your original artwork files.
    5) SSh the artwork files into there respective folder on the iPhone/ Touch and respring
    6) Enjoy your work!!!
  2. ubunix

ubunix Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You are the man! testing right now!
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Wait, what is this?
  4. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    man, i was so stoked when i saw this thread, but then.... no japanese support.. is it coming?

good job though

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

There's a much easier way to get Other.artwork, and non japanese keyboards.

In SSH
    • mkdir /tmp/images
    • /Applications/WinterBoard.app/UIImages

All the artwork images will be in /tmp/Images with their appropriate names, not a number. To replace images, just create or add to a theme in WinterBoard a directory called UIImages. ie /Library/Themes/aTheme/UIImages You can then place all the images in there with their correct names and none of the permanentness of changing out an Other.artwork file again.
  6. massimo23

massimo23 New Member

i updated this to support russian, chinese and korean keyboards as winterboard doesnt support these yet.
  7. Makki

Makki New Member

How about a screenshot please?
  8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Skylars method above is awesome, you dont need to change the other artwork original file everytime you wanna switch. you can easily edit and have versions for all your different themes that swithch instantly through winteboard.

but what about japanese????
  9. massimo23

massimo23 New Member

iPhoneShop 1.1 support japanese and updated extra images and fixed errors.

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE... READ ON....
    Hi, i decided to study those other language keyboard artworks and the result is iPhoneShop 1.1
    It now supports EVERY firmware from 1.1.1 to 2.0.2 and ALL ARTWORKS KNOWN including russian, chinese, korean and JAPANESE keyboards artworks too.

I corrected a few mistakes, found more images that are now included and added the japanese artwork support too.

This should be 99.99% precise!!!

A very special Thank You to NeuroStar from MMI for helping me out, his findings will make future updates to iPhoneShop much more easier. Thanks

Here is the jar program Rar compressed: just unrar everything the way it is, copy your artwork files in the iphoneshop 1.1 folder and use the Bat Files Import/Export for importing/extracting the png files.

View attachment iPhoneShop 1.1.rar

How to Use:
    1) Make sure you have the latest java libraries installed.(Download at http://www.java.com).
    If Mac user try updating java to latest version (Not sure if it works)
    (Check here: http://developer.apple.com/java/download/ )
    2) Extract all the png files from your artwork files, running the Extract.bat file.
    All the extracted images will appear in there respective folder, so the Keyboard-Latin images are in the folder "KeyLatin", Other.artwork in "Other", Keyboard-Common in "KeyCommon and so on.
    3) Once you have edited the png image files, you need to import them back into there respective artwork files. To do that just run the Import.bat file.
    The new edited artwork files will appear in there respective folder ( the original artwork files will not be overwritten) so if you want the edited Keyboard-Common.artwork file you will find it in the folder "KeyCommon".
    4) ALWAYS make backup of your original artwork files.
    5) SSh the artwork files into there respective folder on the iPhone/ Touch and respring
    6) Enjoy your work!!!
  10. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    trying it now.

if this works for the japanese keyboard and kanji input i will so love you!!!

edit: nope. i took the textinput_ja.artwork and tried to run the export. get an error saying "java not recognised as an internal or external command" i have the latest jave, and im using vista 64.