iPhone worth it? Previous Windows Mobile users?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dette, Jan 14, 2009.

1. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hey I have a Windows Mobile Touch Pro from Sprint.. I really like it (Just got it today) before I had the HTC Touch from Sprint.
    I have the opportunity to leave Sprint without paying the ETF! Is the AT&T/iPhone worth it with all the extra charges to switch to get the iPhone?
    I am going to the AT&T store tomorrow to check it out!
    If I do not switch I am buying an iPod Touch and using my Touch Pro's wifi as a router to get internet on the iPod Touch.
    Is the iPhone + the extra costs worth it? Or should I just stick with what I have?

If anyone who has owned a Windows Mobile phone and now has the iPhone that would be great if you could give your views

Please Register or Log in to view images

Or someone with a Windows Mobile phone.
    Thanks!
  2. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    yes its worth it.
  3. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    very worth it.
  4. Dpatrick

Dpatrick New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I use to own an HTC Touch that ran windows mobile 6, I absolutely hated it, I had to switch to AT&T.

And to this day I have my white baby in my hands

its the best phone ever! It's a huge upgrade from a wm phone, its so much more responsive, and so much quicker. I'll never EVER EVER go back to windows mobile.
  5. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    I have a Motorola Q from sprint and it blows so hard! It was the -ish back in it's day but now it's old and it's very slow! I don't have an iPhone but my brothers blows my Moto Q out of the water!
    Yes, it's totally worth it!
  6. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    My dad a HTC device with windows mobile and he hates it! Switch
  7. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I used to have a Q but I am actually very happy with my Touch Pro right now.. So Idk.. I might get AT&T and use the trial and if I dont like it drop them
  8. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

No. He iPhone has nothing on the touch pro.

If your not likin the pro..flash a different rom on it

I would buy a touch, and. Use the wifi on your pro to get on the touches Internet

That's what I do with mine
  9. talon90

talon90 New Member

As I said in our conversation in my other thread, I wasn't using Windows mobile. I was using a Palm based Treo 755P. For me it was worth it. Just the Phone features and visual voicemail alone are much better but then factor in all the other iPhone features like bigger screen, better video and audio integration and a great web browsing experience, yea, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. My cost did not really change (up or down). I was in the $70.00 range per month with my Sprint service and my 755P. With the iPhone I'm at $69.99 before taxes and fees so I expect to be a few dollars more a month. With that said, the phone is amazing and so much more capable than my Treo was.
  10. dette

dette New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Haha nice thats exactly what I was thinkin of doing! Keeps my contract bill down and I get the best of both worlds

I like the keyboard for texting.. I text a lot more now that I have the KB before on my HTC Touch is was ridiculous to type and I got so sick of it...

How doesnt the iPhone have anything on the Touch Pro?

Something about the iPhone just entices me though

P.S. I build ROM's for the Touch on PPCGeeks and I had one for the Mogul and might do it for the Touch Pro too.. Its MUCH better with a Custom ROM!