iPhone Worth Getting Now?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kifac, May 13, 2008.

1. kifac

kifac Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Well i sold my ipod touch now...and well i wanna buy the iphone form the states <_<

I dont wanna get the old iphone and then they come out with the new 3G iphone but i dont also want to get the new because it would be way to expensive to buuy and i would only be using the internet at home so the 3G wont really be used as much.....

An Ideas Would Help Guys, THanks.....School now <_<
  2. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Sure its worth it. The first gen iPhone is just amazing now as it was when it was released. If you don't care about 3G and a new design, you have no reason not to buy, if you can find it. The 1st gen will be greatly enhanced by the 2.0 Software Update that's coming. The most rumored new hardware changes are 3G, GPS, and maybe a new camera. Some think a camera capable of video on the front to enable video conferencing might be available. Perhaps some processor upgrades, but who knows? I got one a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy. If the new version is compelling enough I may grab it as well, but if its just 3G and GPS, I don't care that much.

I think the rule of thumb is that if a tech product has the feature set you want at the time, there's no reason not to buy. There is always a new revision coming around the corner. In a year everyone will be frothing at the mouth for the 3rd gen and so on and so on...
    1 person likes this.
  3. kifac

kifac Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    wow thanks alot for taking ur time.....but yea i think ur right....hopefully i go to the states soon so i can get my hands on one..if not then i will have to wait <_<
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No.... wait until 3G comes out and get the old one cheaper...
  5. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

Yeah I would agree with this. Although mikesgroove is right, it doesn't mean its the best option.

Yeah there's always a new version coming around the corner, but look! this version is literally 2 weeks away. Find a hobby or something for now because it will be so much worth it to buy it fresh from the new release, with its new features (I bet there's more to it than just 3G and GPS). And if it's too expensive, the older iPhone will be MUCH cheaper so either way you can't go wrong, unless you can't wait two weeks.
  6. Flaminfire25

Flaminfire25 New Member

where can you even find the iphone now?
  7. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    AT&T Stores. Only Apple Stores sold out.
  8. Flaminfire25

Flaminfire25 New Member

I just went to local att store no iphones and i went to walmart.
    Anywhere else?
  9. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I really don't know, but I would highly consider being patient and waiting... That's my plan, at least. (Hence the reason they're sold out) (Look at my location, that will explain things

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  10. kifac

kifac Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    well i found one bradn new for 450 but my dads like wait till it comes out with rogers..i can get it for free becasue my mom got a free upgrade for her phone from rogers xD