Iphone won't stop sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kiddster, Mar 22, 2010.

1. kiddster

kiddster New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm using an iPhone 3G updated to 3.1.3 and iTunes on 9.0.3.15.

USed to jailbreak when it was at 3.0, before updating it to 3.1.3 and never jailbreak it since then.

Problems I'm facing currently are:

1) Whenever I sync the iPhone, it won't wtop synchronizing with iTunes. I've tried everything, deleting all mp3s, videos, even untick all infos, but nothing seems to work. It just remains at synchronizing until I forced un-sync the phone. Problem is, sometimes ti isn't properl synchronized and I'm afraid it will ruin the phone.

2) I tried to hard-reset the phone but everytime I try it, it goes back to it's normal state before hard-reset. And yes, I've googled methods for hard-resetting and tried all types of hard-reset, but nothing seems to work.

Please advise me on this matter as I don't want to end up with a useless device in my pocket.

Thank you.
  2. FoxiPhoneHelp

FoxiPhoneHelp New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This might be a crazy idea, but have you downloaded podcasts straight to your device, i have heard it can create a glitch, delete the podcasts and try re-syncing your device...

or

The wire or dock my be faulty and causing the problem, try using a different cable...

or

Update iTunes...

I hope this helps...

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Check the usb cable, take it to the Apple store and ask them what they think. Last time i had this issue was due to the usb cable starting o separate on one of the ends, changed usb and its all good from hen on. Also, unplugging phone while syncing in my opinion does nothing, if you can stop the sync when its in the middle of it, unplugging it when its syncing wont do much. Don't quote me on this, since, this is from personal experiences, and nothings ever happened.