iPhone won't play purchased music

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Twan013, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

OK, the subject isn't EXACTLY true. but I couldn't think of a short way to word it. I purchased about 10 songs last night (from iTunes in my iPhone). It shows the songs in my main song list, and I can tap on them, and they will play. But if I tap on shuffle, it playes all the other music, but acts like those songs I purchased aren't even there. The only way I can listen to all of my purchased music without manually selecting them is to go to the "purchased" playlist. I can't figure out why it shows in my list, but won't play it automatically. Any suggestions? I tried to rate the songs thinking it might help, but realized that none of my songs are rated, so that's not it.
  2. suemez

suemez New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Did you purchase the songs on your PC or on your IPod? You may need to sync your IPod to your ITunes library on your PC.
  3. Twan013

Twan013 New Member

well that sucks.. its not that big of a deal, it just defeats the purpose of downloading from the iPhone. might as well download from PC to begin with, and skip that extra step.. I'm still fairly new with the iPhone