iPhone wont connect to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dalt0n94, May 19, 2009.

1. dalt0n94

dalt0n94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have an 8gb iPhone without a SIM card (using it as an iPod), and whenever I connect it to iTunes, it says something along the lines of "Cannot connect to the iPhone "iPhone" because there is no SIM card in it." Is there any way to get around this, and still connect to iTunes even with no SIM card?
  2. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    is it first or second gen iphone?
    the amount of memory is irrelevant in this case. are you jailbroken? unlocked?
    i assume your not jailbroken because once jailbroken, you wouldnt get that message. odd message though, usually if that happens then it wouldnt let you use the iphone and only allow emergency phone calls. If your not jailbroken, i suggest it for this issue. If you are jailbroken, try putting in a sim card that the phone is locked to if its locked, or any sim card if unlocked, and see what it tells you then. If it persists then i suggest a restore and re-jailbreak, and if it fixes the problem then i have no clue lol, get a prepaid sim card? lol
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Like pogoyoyo mentioned just put any SIM (working or not) into it to get around that warning screen.