iPhone without data plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jc4gavejc, Apr 16, 2010.

1. jc4gavejc

jc4gavejc New Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Hey I just wanted to know if its possible for an unlock to let me use an iPhone without a data plan but still with AT&T. I already have an AT&T plan but I live on campus where there is a wifi connection that I pretty much always have. I want to keep my current plan, and I don't mind spending a bit more money on an iphone not bound to a contract that I can unlock (within reason)

Does anyone know:

1) If the unlock lets me use it without data plan and preferrably texting as well (I have a google voice)

2) If I can get one for under $300 that won't bind me to any particular contract that requires me to have a data plan

If not for either or both of these, that's fine, I don't need to get one right away
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also, does this look legitimate?
    I would go for this if it was real

2. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Purchase one from a person selling it in your area; Or give eBay a whirl.

That ad doesn't look legit in my eyes, and I showed it to my friends dad and he's a cop, he agrees.

I was able to unlock my iPhone 3G on 3.1.3; And an iPhone Data Plan isn't needed as my friend also has the iPhone without a data plan, and his company doesn't care.. He purchased $10/Month for EDGE.

If I was you I'd wait until June when the iPhone 4G comes out; Apple is likely dropping iPhone 3G support in the next year and you'd rather be ahead of the curb then 2 generations behind.