iPhone with shattered screen...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stewartfan, Jul 8, 2010.

1. stewartfan

stewartfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an iPhone with an extremely shattered and nonworking screen, and I want to know what I can do with it. Is there any way I can access the screen from my computer without doing anything on the phone itself? It's currently restoring an updating to 4.0 through iTunes...

any help greatly appreciated!

oh yeah, and it's an iPhone 3G 8GB
  2. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Best Option:
    Upgrade to a iPhone 4.

If you were jailbroken, you could have downloaded a app called Veency
    With that you could control it
  3. stewartfan

stewartfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    haha, well I would love to do that, but I was only wanting to use this for music or something.
  4. iTam

iTam Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    You could always replace the digitizer and lcd. you can get the parts for cheap and there are guides on how to do it.
  5. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That's the easiest thing ever. You just need the official Apple earbuds for the iPhone or iPod Touch. Make sure it includes the little button on the wire.

Please Register or Log in to view images

1 Click(s): Play/Pause
    2 Click(s): Next Song/(held down)Fast Forward
    3 Click(s): Prev Song/(held down)Rewind

+ Button: Volume Up
    - Button: Volume Down

Just sync your iPhone with iTunes and copy your music over.
  6. stewartfan

stewartfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, here's the newest problem: I tried restoring it, but it gives me error 6 every time I try to restore it. Also, I couldn't find the serial since it's not on the outside, and I disassembled it to be sure that the innards were good, and reassembled it, and nothing changed. I did, though, find the serial and found that it is in fact under warranty still! till august '10... I guess this is the point where I say that I found it on the side of the highway, and it looks as though it has been run over at least once... haha anyone think it'd be worth anything on eBay...?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I decided to call Apple tomorrow to see what they can do with it. If they won't do anything, then I'll call AT&T and see if they can do anything, and if they can't, I'll contemplate fixing it, or selling it on eBay for parts.
  7. stewartfan

stewartfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so the original owner talked to me and said that they didn't want it anymore. anddd, good news, fiddling with it, I got it to restore, so now when I plug it into iTunes, I'm presented with the fact that I don't have a sim card, and it won't sync. the OS i got onto it was 3.1.3, and when I plug it in, I get the charging sound. After reading around, I can see that my best bet to making it as usable as possible for now is jailbreaking it so it'll actually sync with iTunes, but so far nothing is working because I can't see the screen...I have a few bids on parts/repair iPhones with good screens and also, some screen/digitizer/etc. assemblies, on eBay.
    So any suggestions as to getting it to sync? My iPod Touch 2G (Very high mileage and 1 2/3 years old) has faulty left sound, so every pair of earphones I use, they only work all the time in the right ear...so it would be cool to be able to use this as the headphone jack works on the iPhone.
  8. stewartfan

stewartfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Update:

I got the screen assembly I ordered from Hong Kong in 5 business days, or 10 days normal time. After installing, I get a normal iPhone. Minus the following features:
    -Accelerometer
    -Camera
    -Wi-Fi
    -Mic seems to be blown
    I don't know if there're any other features that don't work on here, but so far, these are the ones I've found. On the plus side, the headphone jack works, so I have all my music on there and will be using this instead of my iPod for music, and then when the iPod Touch 4Gen comes out, I'll just get one of those. Does anyone think I could get a replacement from Apple? It still has 9.5 months of warranty left. any other suggestions as to what I should do next?