Iphone Wifi connection help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by grnkronic20, Sep 18, 2009.

1. grnkronic20

grnkronic20 New Member

So I've had no problems with my wifi before. Now I'm trying to connect to a network but it does not work.

Basically I go to setting and click the network, and everything seems normal. The wifi bars show up on the top. Then when I go to safari the screen turns gray with the word "connecting..." in the middle and a spinning wheel. Also when I click on the blue arrow next the network name, the only thing that shows up are the IP address and the subnet mask. Everything else is blank.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I am jailbroken running on 3.0.1.
  2. batcapcu

batcapcu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am glad to find your site - now I know what a good one looks like.
    Very good topic to share with us. Great info.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. iPhone_Anyone?

iPhone_Anyone? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    to connect through wifi correctly the DNS line needs to be filled. if its blank than its not connected. it could be that u entered the incorrect wep key or the routers access to the world wide web is suspended or not paid for.
    try using a computer thats hooked up wired to the router and that will determind if its the routers problem. im sure that its just not connected to the internet.
  4. grnkronic20

grnkronic20 New Member

I'm unable to find what type of router it is or what the DNS is. So are there any other possible ways to connect.

I've heard things like iwep may help through cydia. Does anyone have any info about this?
  5. iPhone_Anyone?

iPhone_Anyone? New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    no u dont understand. when you enter the blue arrow thats next to ur wifi there is a line called DNS and if its filled then that means ur connected. if its not then ur not. look at pics

2009-09-18-79987.jpg

2009-09-18-80027.jpg

i cover my info.

so just see if it shows the DNS and tell me.
  6. grnkronic20

grnkronic20 New Member

Ya I understand that I need the DNS. I was asking if there is anyway to get the DNS and enter it manually. My laptop is connected to the same network, and by using "ipconfig" in the command prompt I know what the DNS is. I put that in and it says that I am connected. When I go to safari the gray screen saying connecting comes up.