iPhone white screen??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clipsofdoom, Jun 12, 2009.

1. clipsofdoom

clipsofdoom New Member

Im posting this to find out what it going on with my girlfriends 2g 8b Iphone. I guess earlier today she was talking on the phone and the phone turned off and now it wont turn back on, even when she left it to charge the phone would still not recognize the charge or turn on. All that comes up is a white screen i guess, I haven't seen the screen. But, my question is, is this a problem with the battery? or the phone itself?

Earlier during the week, my girl was checking something on her phone and she charged the phone the night before but when she was checking her email, the phone suddenly turned off and wouldn't turn back on. When she got home and left the phone on the charger the phone started to charge like it was low battery and it turned on again.

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!
  2. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

In my opinion, i think it has to do with the phone itself, i would try restoring it, if that doesnt work then it may be the battery.
  3. clipsofdoom

clipsofdoom New Member

Ill have to try that, its been a while since ive restored an iphone. How do you restore it? Because the only way i know how to restore it is through itunes and the phones messed up to were it wont turn on or the computer wont recognize it. Is there buttons i press to restore it? Also since its a jailbroken and unlocked iphone im assuming that were goin to have to redo all that after the reetore?
  4. ipodfan256

ipodfan256 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try putting it in dfu mode

try waiting untill it flat and then plug in computer
  5. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To restore, Put the iphone into DFU mode(here is a how-to guide http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034), the computer will recognize the phone and tell you it needs to be restored. After its restored you will have to redo all your jailbroken and unlocked things.