iPhone Warranty Info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Clusterfunk, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey, I bought my iPhone this week at Best Buy and I asked about the warranty, which he said is 180 days from Apple. I thought that it was 1 year though. Can anyone confirm this?
    Also, do iPhones often have problems? Should I get the $15/per month Best Buy replacement plan (does anyone have this)? It sounds expensive but if my iPhone breaks, I get unlimited replacements for 2 years.
  2. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

I'd get the 3 year warranty from best buy..I didnt think I'd use it.

I've had my touch for a little over 5months and have had it replaced twice, no questions asked.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. EugeneO

EugeneO New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well...

Well bud I puchased my iPhone at an Apple Store in December 2008. It came with a 1 year standard warranty. And the AppleCare 1 year extended warranty costed my roughly $65.

From what Iamkewl said, Besty Buy replaced his twice with no questions asked.
    Apple asked a few questions when replacing mine but really, there was no trouble.
    So if you paid $15 a month with Best Buy, the plan will cost you $180 for the 1st year. That is alot!!!

Seriously dude, I would return the iPhone to Best Buy and then buy it at the Apple Store if you can!

Just trying to help and there's my 2 cents!

4. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well I was hoping it would be a one time fee like the Apple CarePlan, but being able to replace it as many times as you want WHENEVER even for accidental damage is sweet.

Also, iamkewl, I'm not talking about the iPod touch. I had that plan on my ipod too and i've used it on all of my other ipods.