iPhone Wallpaper and Dock

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jonno92, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Jonno92

Jonno92 New Member

I have an iPhone jailbroken and unlocked with 2.0.2 on it. I want to put a custom background and dock on it..
    I have some questions.
    1) Which Windows program is best to use to SSH into the iPhone?
    2) Where do I stick the wallpaper.png and dock.png files?
    3) What app do I use to load the wallpaper and dock?

Thank you!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. WinScp
    2. "root"/Library/Themes/NewFolder "name this whatever you want"/
    3. Winterboard from Cydia

On #2 what you do is go to the root of your ipod "top directory" then go into Library then into Themes, then create a new folder and name it what you want then drop your Wallpaper.png and Dock.png files inside it.

Then install winterboard using cydia and RESTART "as in turn it off completely and turn it back on" your ipod. Then launch Winterboard and check the theme thats the same name as the folder you made earlier and then press the home button. Your ipod should respring and show your dock and wallpaper.

Now if you want to make changing your wallpaper a bit easier I suggest that you rename your wallpaper.png to wallpaperold.png "to dissable it but not delete it", then go into cydia and download a app called Dim Wallpaper and enable it in Winterboard by checking it. Now you should be able to set your wallpaper via your ipod wallpaper setting "your wallpaper will be the same as you lockscreen wallpaper but dimmed so you can read your app text", if you dont want the wallpaper to dim then simply check the "user wallpaper" option in Winterboard.

To have your dock you must have your theme checked all the time.
  3. aortiz45

aortiz45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks this helped me out also
  4. Jonno92

Jonno92 New Member

cant SSH into my iPhone.. I tried winscp but wouldnt work.. iPhoneBrowser and iPhone PC suite dont work either..
    Maybe it's because im on 2.0.2..