Iphone unlock question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hsoccer70, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Hsoccer70

Hsoccer70 New Member

So pretty much my phone plan is up, so im going to get the 3G. Right now im on a family plan. My question is this, if i buy the 3G through at&t with them activating it and i wait until after 30 days and cancel the plan, yes paying $175 doing for the early termination fee, will i be able to return to my old data plan with my old sim card to be back on the family plan? i just dont want to pay the $30 monthly fee. any ideas would help. Thanks in advance.
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I'm confused

Please Register or Log in to view images

, be more clear.
    You want to be back on the family plan, but with another phone?
  3. Hsoccer70

Hsoccer70 New Member

That's what im wondering. If i was to cancel my plan with the iphone, i would have an unlocked activated iphone, so would i be able to put my old sim card in the iphone and sign up for a plan back on my family plan, just using the iphone instead? I have no idea if this even can work, im just wondering if i can get around the $30 iphone plan. Sorry if it is a little confusing.
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I'm not very good with the plan thing, but i've heard of some one in this site that did the same thing, but his was pay as you go.
    Either way it'll work.
  5. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    The iPhone 3G has yet to be unlocked.

Some sites claim they can unlock the phone with a turbo sim card, but I have had friends who tried this and it did not work.

The only way to use another sim card would be to have the iPhone unlocked. You will not be able to use a previous sim card in an activated 3G iPhone that was activated with a specific SIM card.
  6. pericaso5950

pericaso5950 New Member

help

how do i find out which version my iphone is if its in emergency call mode only im trying to unlock it but i need the version to know which firmware to download i got a 2g 4gb its about a year old if anyone knows please help
  7. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    You don't know what firmware the iPhone came with after your purchase?

Well, I would suggest simply putting your iPhone into DFU and restoring to 2.1. Then use Quickpwn 2.1 to unlock.
  8. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

wait for the software unlocker, it will be out soon.

Please Register or Log in to view images