iPhone Unlock Help!!!!!!!!!!! U will b rewarded!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iFeRd, Jan 27, 2008.

1. iFeRd

iFeRd New Member

Hey guys, I have an iPhone with da 1.1.1 firmware. I've been tryin to unlock it so dat I can use it wit my T-Mobile sim card, but I am unable to do so. I have tried anySIM n it says dat the fone was successfully unlocked. However, When I restart da fone it says dat the sim card is invalid or something like dat. Can somebody help me with this plz? Or tell me what other method to use? I would pay anybody who helps me unlock my fone

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Thank u.
  2. mankiebuddie

mankiebuddie New Member

first of all install onesim and undo whatever anysim has done. Then try anysim again with some other sim card. I did it that way too. Earlier I had problems. I had to run onesim and anysim so many times. Then I changed the simcard unlocked it and then put back my original sim. NOTE: If this fails, I advise you to restore your iPhone( if you have everything backed up) or just click on upgrade and then UPGRADE TO SAME i.e. 1.1.1 AGAIN. Trust me this will surely help. I recently noticed one thing, after iPhone is unlocked, and you upgrade or restore, it still remains unlocked. Weird. Any way you try doing this and see if this helps. PM me or post below if you need more help. GOOD LUCK

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. mankiebuddie

mankiebuddie New Member

p.s. I have seen in some other threads that running anysim without any sim card also helps. I have no idea but you may try this.
  4. Tlingit

Tlingit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I want to buy a iphone for some reason this girl is selling hers. I don't know why. but i want it is is a good idea to buy a 1.1.3. firmwere iphone?
  5. mankiebuddie

mankiebuddie New Member

no. Try your best to get an OTB ( out of box) 1.1.1 firmware phone.
  6. 1god1king

1god1king New Member

you can downgrade it
    how long has she had it she more than likely has upgraded it
  7. mankiebuddie

mankiebuddie New Member

you can downgrade it but an OTB 1.1.3 has a higher baseband due to which unlocking becomes hasslesome. Any way ya if she has upgraded it then go forward.
  8. ksong12

ksong12 New Member

Baseband at this point does not matter at all, since you can easily downgrade that if you could unlock it. The problem comes in with the bootloader. Phones 1.1.1 and prior come with bootloader 3.9, which is unlockable. However, 1.1.2 comes with 4.6, which, in order to unlock, needs to be physcially taken apart. 1.1.3 is, at the moment, completely unlockable, except for the TurboSIM/SteathSIM methods.

I would recommend using the provided AT&T SIM. Works fine with anySIM.

P.S. the firmware versions mentioned in this post means OUT OF BOX versions. Doesn't matter what version you upgraded to.