iPhone Tunnel Suite Internet Setup HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by rutgersfan147, Feb 2, 2009.

1. rutgersfan147

rutgersfan147 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have been waiting weeks to find out how to properly setup my the iPhone Tunnel Suite with my windows xp pc so that i could have internet access on it. So, if someone could PLEASE HELP ME TO GET THIS WORK, being that i have gone through countless tutorials and explanations that were all too simple and had no troubleshooting. Im not being lazy! I just need answers!

So whoever could help me, I'd reallllllllllly appreciate it.
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    What exactly do you need help with? Iphone tunnel suite is an ssh utility. You cant access the internet or nothing like that, if that's what your trying to do. It is used to connect to an ipod. Did try activating itunnel then clicking on file browser.
  3. rutgersfan147

rutgersfan147 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    everyone keeps sayin they use iphone tunnel suite to tunnel their wifi connection on to their computer from their ipod touch. its part of the program. i just dont know how to set it up like with ie6, like all the proxy settings
  4. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. rutgersfan147

rutgersfan147 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I dont think thats giving me much more information and it sounds like thats only available with the iphone.

Does anyone have another suggestion of how to do this with the ipod touch and if so could u explain it b/c im really a noob when it comes to tethering. I just wanna use my ipod touch's wifi connection to access the internet on my windows xp pc. I tried using iPhone Tunnel Suite but couldnt get it working? Anybody know what to do?
  6. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

You can't. As far as I know, it requires you that you connect to a network you create on your computer, and you can't do that if you're already connected to a wifi network.
  7. ipodtouchfeen

ipodtouchfeen Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    use ifunbox...the best program imo to ssh w/out wi-fi!!! Trust me, I have the same problem as you all & nothing else worked for me until I discovered ifunbox! thanx to user (studdangerous) who hipped me to it!!!
  8. rutgersfan147

rutgersfan147 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Help?

I looked for instructions but couldnt find any. could u tell me what u did step by step, and ur sure u can use this with ipod touch, not just iPhone?
  9. rutgersfan147

rutgersfan147 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yo somebody please help me out
  10. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    What do you not understand in iPhone tunnel suite CANNOT give you wifi on your iPod. It does NOT tunnel wifi it tunnels winscp through iPhone tunnel suite. There is no way you can connect to the Internet with iPhone tunnel suite.