iPhone thinks I'm using a different computer. I'm not

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by RévolutionMaster, Nov 29, 2009.

1. RévolutionMaster

RévolutionMaster New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    My iPhone now thinks that I'm using a different computer than the one I normally used, ever since the update to iTunes 9.02. I don't want to lose all of my app settings/need to reload all of my music.
    According to this guide, you can make an iPhone sync with 2 computers by copying the iTunes Library ID from one to the other. My question is:
    Where is this ID stored on the iPhone. I'm looking to ssh in, find the file, get the ID from it, and add that to my iTunes install so that it will sync with it again.
  2. i_p_o_d

i_p_o_d Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have no idea. its just kinda wierd to me that something like that could be resolved. i allways try my hardest to help people with questions but this is unanswerable
  3. iOwnxD

iOwnxD New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    don't post then
  4. RévolutionMaster

RévolutionMaster New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    If it helps, I think it might be in /etc/var/mobile/media/something. It could also be in the root. I'm just guessing that they're here because that's where iTunes related files are on the iPod/iPhone.
  5. sbdxaric

sbdxaric Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    This happens to me when i reinstalled, upgraded or added a new OS. SOmetimes it happened for no reason too