iPhone: The new iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Insanelygreat01, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Insanelygreat01

Insanelygreat01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I was wondering. Since the new iPhone came out the old iPhone (very slowly) will be dropping in price. if i bought one used on ebay would i be able to update it to 2.0 and use it (without jailbreaking) without a plan? I have no need for the phone part of it. i just want to useit as an iPod touch with a camera and speakers. is there any way that would work? Also if it came down to it and i had to jailbreak it. is there anyway i could put it on my sprint network? Because i know sprint doesnt use sim cards is there any possible way i could pt it on sprint?
  2. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You COULD use it as just an iPod, but as for using it on the Sprint wireless network: Impossible...

The iPhone uses GSM technology, while carriers such as Sprint, Verizon, and Alltell use CDMA

so it is not compatible at all... plus there is the whole sim card issue so, nope
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

That what i am going to do. I have a 16-gig touch but i am going to buy an old iphone and use that as an ipod because it has a camera built in.
  4. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

i dont understand this. your going to pay 400-500 bucks for the old iphone because it has a camera on it? how about save the extra money and buy an actual camera. the iphone camera sucks balls.unless you are going to get it as the same price as the touch it is not worth it
  5. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

the iphone camera is great, im guessing your just saying this cuz u have an ipod touch and you would rather have an iphone but cant buy one?

Please dont take offense to this, i do not intend to be rude.
  6. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

this thread is just weird, gt the new iPhone and don't activate it?