iphone text message problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twitchy204, Dec 31, 2009.

1. twitchy204

twitchy204 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    for all of you with an iphone on at&t, try to send a text message to someone and let me know if it works. mine stopped working in the past half hour, and i'm talking to a friend with an iphone and his wont sent either.

so yeah, text away my friends.
  2. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If there is a problem, it wouldn't be with the country wide service, it'd be a problem with the towers in whatever area.

This happened here where I live, one side of our island with Rogers couldn't text, use EDGE or 3G. The other side could... Something messed up in the towers, no one really knows what though but around 72 Hours later full service was restored. Rogers covered up and said it was due to a storm, although there wasn't anything more then flurries...
  3. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    May be a bad service area in general... try contacting the company or go online and look up a coverage map.
  4. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yeah, you should always research the coverage in your area with all the carriers, and compare with your friends and see what turns up best.

I made that mistake here, when I signed up for Rogers.. Bell seems to get the most reliable signal, Rogers just has better plans and had the iPhone 3G, unlike other carriers in Canada at the time!
  5. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Happened to me as well. One minute I have 5 bars and 3G and the next minute, and for the next 3 days mind you

Please Register or Log in to view images

, I had only intermittent signal with Edge. I called on my Verizon phone and found that 3 towers had failed due to a storm!