iPhone Stuck on Unlock Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Konor, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Konor

Konor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had sbsettings and I have the autolock toggle (or something similar to that on sbsettings) and accidentally pressed it and it sent me into what seems an impassible lockscreen. Every time I try to unlock it just sends me right back to the unlock screen. How do I fix this without restoring?
  2. PatentPending

PatentPending New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I've got the same problem - Not sure what exactly happened but whenever I turn the Autolock Toggle ON, it instantly goes straight to sleep! Then when i press the home button to wake it up, I see my lock screen and when I try to unlock it, it'll make the unlock sound, followed almost immediently by the lock sound, and go right back to the lockscreen, all in less than a second!
    I can manage to slide across the status bar and get SBSettings to open in that split-second, but my only solution is to turn the toggle OFF, which isn't exactly very efficient. Kinda worried O might have to just restore the ipod in the end...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Wow... less than 5 minutes passed and after a bit of tinkering, I found a quick fix - First,try and turn the toggle OFF by quickly sliding the status bar when it unlocks for a second. Once it's off, just go to Setting and set Autolock ON for 1 minute. Besides that, there's not much I think I can do. I already tried it out and it DOES autolock after a minute, and the toggle still says OFF. But it's better than nothing.
  3. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I had this same thing back on 3.0! I wound up restoring though :/

What I found was that when I double tapped on the lock screen and started playing music it worked just fine. It was so weird. Then when I paused the music it locked again! Wish I would have know what PatentPending said.