iPhone stuck at apple logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by j_ririe20, Apr 29, 2008.

1. j_ririe20

j_ririe20 New Member

I recently got an iPhone and jailbroke and unlocked it using ziphone 3.0. This worked fine and I installed several 3rd party applications. The next day, I installed another package and closed installer. The springboard tries to restart. The spinning loading thing comes up and continually spins. I restart the iPhone and the apple logo stays on the screen. I know that I can restore it using ziphone and I did the first time it happened. I restored it and it automatically restored the backup it made (had contact information, icon placement, -no jailbroken applications) I went into installer and installed everything again. Went back into installer installed a few applications, closed it, and the same exact thing happened.

How can I avoid this problem?
    Did I do something wrong?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What was the last Application that you installed? Don't install that and you should be fine.

Always be careful what you install. Jailbreaking gives more features, but with that comes more bugs and maintenance.
  3. j_ririe20

j_ririe20 New Member

I thought of this too, I installed "Dactyl" when I went through and installed stuff I didn't install that package.
  4. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

i installed dactyl too and this didt happen to me mabe cuz of a lot of re springing
  5. j_ririe20

j_ririe20 New Member

I only re sprang twice. I added everything to the queue and installed it all at once. I installed this one application a day after installing everything.
  6. initialricerboy

initialricerboy New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

You bricked it

Please Register or Log in to view images

same thing happen to mine i had to restore it
    my iphone i just kept it on then it ran out of battery plugged it in it was fine
  7. j_ririe20

j_ririe20 New Member

Yeah, I was able to fix it by restoring. I am trying to find out how to avoid it from happening.
  8. 666dnm

666dnm New Member

it is called a "semi brick" wen it happens i got it yesterday and all i did was restored it and re jailbroke it with ziphone
  9. MJeto7

MJeto7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    same thing happened to me. whenever i used to try and turn it on and all i would see is the apple logo and the spinny thing. and that went on forever. so i just restored it.
  10. iJayIpodTouch

iJayIpodTouch New Member

Same thing happened to my Touch but I lost my Software Upgrade.